Need to make a Will? Wanting to get your affairs in order? Thinking of changing or updating an existing Will? Wanting to make sure your loved ones are properly protected if anything should happen to you?
Whether you simply want to make sure your belongings go to certain people or you have a complex high value estate, we can help protect your interests and give you peace of mind knowing that your affairs are properly taken care of should you pass away.
Carlsons are experienced Wills solicitors, having helped many individuals, families and businesses ensure their estates and assets are passed on in a tax efficient way.
We offer a friendly, professional and comprehensive Will writing service that is competitively priced and delivered with a high level of client care.
We can help you with:
- Gifts to members of your family.
- Issues in Wills such as guardianship, adoption and divorce - including child arrangements.
- Obtaining grants of probate and Letters of administration.
- Preparation of Lasting powers of attorney.
- Preparation of Wills, trusts and deeds.
- Reviewing and amending Wills.
- Winding up and distributing estates.
Why You Need a Professionally Written Will
A staggering 7 out of 10 adults in the UK do not have a Will. Many people wrongly believe they are either too young or that their assets are insufficient to make having a Will worthwhile.
By not having a Will you run the risk of:
- Your children being disinherited.
- Your surviving spouse not inheriting everything.
- Your partner having no automatic entitlement to your assets and being forced out of the family home.
- Your home being sold.
By making a Will you will:
- set out clear instructions of your precise wishes
- appoint a guardian for your child or children
- appoint an Executor to manage your affairs
- save on inheritance tax
- set out who will receive specific items
- specify the kind of funeral service you would like
- protect your assets for future generations
- potentially help avoid your assets being used for nursing home fees
- make it easier on your family when they are already experiencing an upsetting and distressing time
Draft Your Will with Our Specialist Will Writing Solicitors
We know exactly what is needed to protect you, your assets and loved ones. Our specialist Will writing solicitors in Whetstone have years of experience in preparing Wills to cover all circumstances.
We will explain the different types of Wills available to you and help you reach an informed decision on what is best for you in your particular circumstances.
Our Will service includes:
- Will writing/drafting
- Will amendments
- Single Wills (For you only)
- Mirror Wills (For you and your partner or spouse)
- Living Wills (Directive relating to future medical treatment)
- Inheritance Act planning
- Lasting Power of Attorney (in the event of you losing capacity in the future).
- Court of Protection (in the event of a family member having already lost capacity).
Amend or Change Your Will with Our Specialist Will Writing Solicitors
If you have already made a Will, it is usually a good idea to review it every five years. Many things can happen in your life such as moving home, getting a divorce or a separation or having children and grandchildren.
When your personal circumstances or finances change, it can impact on your Will. It is always best to seek professional legal advice before changing or altering your Will to avoid the risk of it becoming invalid or presenting problems to your Executors.
We will help ensure your Will is always up to date and in line with your current circumstances, giving you reassurance that it continues to be relevant, accurate and legally binding.
Whatever your Will writing needs or concerns are, we will listen very carefully to your precise wishes and construct a document that matches your needs and financial position. We will keep your Will safe, secure and enforceable at all times, giving you and your family confidence and peace of mind.
Contact Us Now
To make an appointment or to find out more about how our Will solicitors in Whetstone can help you with your Will, telephone our dedicated team on 020 8445 3331 or email: email@example.com Alternatively, you can complete our quick online enquiry form.